Benefits of a little time off:
Because I have to write this stuff down as a reminder, otherwise it will be another couple of years before we do this again.
1. Waking up at 5:45am without an alarm.
2. Making lots of photos because the world looks new
3. Being tan instead of my traditional yogurt-blue shade
4. Optimism and energy. Saying yes! to stuff. Feeling playful.
5. Great social life hack. Saw friends from Maine and NYC without being in either place.
6. Cat appreciates us more upon our return. Once I read that purring is possibly an involuntary response, I’ve been unsure how much she really cares.
7. Fresh supply of Muji goods from JFK terminal 5.